Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Artist.

I'll be honest, I had no idea what I was going to see when I went to watch this film a few weeks back.I knew there was a lot of hype about it and so on. I can't lie, one was severely hungover and in desperate need of some cinema food and a quick stop at Maccy D's.(Serious glamorous life). So 'The Artist' was suggested. I did not know at all it was a silent movie, so when it began I turned to my friend with my 'ah here' face and she whispered 'sorry'! One was delicate enough with a mixture of being hungover, having eaten way too much and thinking about the lovely of old man who came to the cinema on his own, who was sitting beside me eating his small tub of ben and jerry's (super sensitive, sure listen he could have been fighting with the wife for all we know!). My concentration levels were at zero! Let's face it we are not used to silent movies but thankfully in the first 15 minutes I was sold! It was amazing. It was a lovely story, so well made and the actors have an abundance of talent especially that dog! What captured me the most apart from the dancing and the beautiful music, was of course the costumes especially the ones the leading lady Peppy Miller wore, played by Berenice Bejo. They were stunning.
If you have not seen this movie yet I really suggest that you do, just don't be as delicate going as I was!
Here are some pics of Peppy Miller (what a name!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(weheartit)

2 comments:

  1. I'm considering it but still worried if I'll get through it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa!! Go for it! Its a really good film! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete