Monday, January 3, 2011

Stuck in the middle...

So it's that time of year again , in between seasons, when the high street decides that the party season is over and it's time for everyone to start wearing pastels and florals again. Now , there was a time that I used to rejoice at the thought of cramming my wardrobe full of spring's finest, however over the last couple of years and in particular the a/w season just gone, I have found myself increasingly fond of the same colour palate (burgundy, black , camel, bottle green, mustard, brown.. you get the idea).
So the thought of spring's fashion trends is making me preeety queasy.
Especially as I can see the shops filling up with pastel shades , white denim, floral tastic blouses.

So even though it's easy to say now , oh I'll still be wearing what I'm wearing now in May.. I know I would be lying to both myself and anyone who reads this. I am a sucker for a trend, but I really hope this year I'll buy smarter more considered pieces, and if that means a few floral bits, so be it... so long as they are compatible with my current wardrobe.

This conversation came up in work and me and the lovely Zara, decided that this dress seems to be the perfect in between season piece.

Photobucket
Dress Topshop.com.

The colours are muted enough to be worn with any chunky knits I have from winter, but the style is versatile enough to allow for layering or wearing with nice gladiators (c'mon we all know we'll be rocking these AGAIN this summer. )

So here are some ideas for outfits built around the same dress to be worn now and later into 2011.

Wear now:

Photobucket
Bag urban outfitters, Cardi topman, rest topshop.


Wear later:
Photobucket

All topshop.


Even a nice lace cream peter pan collar blouse would be super cute under this.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed about dresses, there my favorite summer attire x

    ReplyDelete